Advice and Support
This section of our website has links to parent information for these related subjects:
- Child Sexual Abuse, help, advice, information, prevention and helpline
- Click here for an information leaflet for Parents and Carers of Young people who have concerns about a young person’s sexual behaviour
- Educational Psychology Service
- Family Information Service
- FIND Newsletter – for children with disabilities and their families
- Flu: Protecting your child against flu (information for the parents of children aged from 2 to 13) / Does your son or daughter have a long-term condition? Getting them vaccinated can protect your child from flu
- Free School Meals Information
- Free Travel To and From School
- Hospital or Home Teaching if your child is ill
- Lancashire Family Information Service
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Issues
- School Clothing Grant
Additional E-Safety Advice for Parents:
Parenting in the Digital Age (PitDA)
Parenting in the Digital Age (or PitDA for short) is a new programme to help parents apply their parenting skills to the online world.
The PitDA website provides guidance & support to help make sure that your children stay safe, to help you navigate the risks and help your children enjoy their online lives.
There are three areas to think about:
WHO your child is talking to,
WHAT they’re doing, and
WHERE they’re going online
Direct Gov – A wide range of government information and services regarding education, health and the community.
Fathers Direct – Information and advice for fathers. Training, consultancy and resources.
Gingerbread – Information and advice for lone parents : 0808 802 0925
Homestart : 08000 686368
Lancashire Parent Partnership – Special Educational Needs, courses and info for parents: 01772 717461
Lancashire Childcare Information Service – For information and advice on all aspects of childcare in Lancashire: 0800 1950137
Parentline Plus Helpline – Free 24 hours a day 0808 800 2222
PCT Parenting Team – Support and signposting for parents. Courses available e.g. Training facilitators, Positive Parenting & Surviving Teenagers : 01772 401722
SureStart – Information on government support for children, parents and communities: 0870 0012345