Exam Revision 2018/19
Here is a document that helps you to understand the language of exam questions more clearly: Glossary of Exam Terms
Revision Resources for Students and Parents
Year 11 Practice Exam Timetable – December 2018
GCSE Revision Guides
Sometimes purchased revision guides can be helpful, although not essential. Subject teachers have recommended the following should you wish to buy your own. We will also make them available through the cashless payment system.
The link below offers FREE revision guides for the following GCSE subjects: Geography, History, ICT, Maths, Physical Education, Physics, Biology, English Language, English Literature, French and Religious Studies
- Plan the revision that needs to be done.
- Don’t leave it too late to start.
- Make sure that you have all your notes and work up to date.
- Remember to cover all subjects.
- Make sure that you know what will be examined.
- Make sure you know what you will need for each exam.
- Know where and when your exams are.
- Understand the rules of your exams.
- Arrive at school well before the exam.
- Plan around the other things you do in your life.
- Don’t leave revision to chance.
- Create a timetable for revision.
- Make a chart of your day.
- Fit revision and other things you like to do into this chart.
- Cover all subjects and stick to your chart.
Exam Room Technique
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Read right through the question paper.
- Check instructions again: How many questions? From which sections?
- Do those questions you know most about first.
- Plan the time you have for each question.