Information for candidates from the Examination Boards
Here are the answers to some FAQs by students and parents respectively:
The links below provide all the rules for external examinations, Controlled Assessment etc
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR EXAM CANDIDATES
Here is a document that helps you to understand the language of exam questions more clearly:
- Plan the revision that needs to be done.
- Don’t leave it too late to start.
- Make sure that you have all your notes and work up to date.
- Remember to cover all subjects.
- Make sure that you know what will be examined.
- Make sure you know what you will need for each exam.
- Know where and when your exams are.
- Understand the rules of your exams.
- Arrive at school well before the exam.
- Plan around the other things you do in your life.
- Don’t leave revision to chance.
- Create a timetable for revision.
- Make a chart of your day.
- Fit revision and other things you like to do into this chart.
- Cover all subjects and stick to your chart.
Exam Room Technique
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Read right through the question paper.
- Check instructions again: How many questions? From which sections?
- Do those questions you know most about first.